As we are all reeling with the barrage of information (and misinformation) about COVID-19, it is hard to believe that just two weeks ago, we didn’t have any confirmed cases in South Africa. From 0 to 62 in 2 weeks is just inconceivable. We are taking your safety and that of our staff very seriously. We have put various preventative measure in place to minimise the risk of spreading the virus.
• Our cashiers are wearing surgical gloves or using hand sanitiser and are sanitising all surfaces. They (and all of our staff) have been educated about hand washing, coughing etc. We encourage payment by Zapper but will accept cash or cards with as little contact as possible.
• We have wipes and sanitiser for customer use at both entrances of our store
• In our Good Food Café, all staff are wearing gloves/using sanitiser and all surfaces are sanitised regularly
• In our dispatch, we are adhering to strict procedures to make sure that all parcels are picked and packed using gloves and on clean, sanitised surfaces.
• Our drivers and our courier company, The Courier Guy are following a protocol for minimum contact, including wearing gloves and sanitising. You may also request the driver to place the delivery & waybill at your door and steps back 2metres allowing you to sign the waybill with your own pen and leave the waybill for the driver to retrieve. You may also request the driver to sign on your behalf.
• Any staff member who has a temperature or is not feeling well is asked to stay at home. We are also encouraging our staff to take their leave now. Many of our special needs staff are staying at home.
We would love to tell all of our staff to stay at home but with 200+ factory staff (and their families) to support, this is just not an option for us. My husband, Mervyn and I are both in isolation and working remotely at the moment, as we have recently returned from Europe. We understand what a privilege that is but we know that the safety of our staff is paramount.
Thanks to all of you who continue to support us during this difficult time. A reminder that, for your convenience, we can deliver any of the items in our store to your door. You can order by mailing email@example.com or visiting www.merrypak.co.za